#SIXTH WK

 

The seventh week of my first teaching practice has been a mix of highs and lows, marked by significant learning experiences and some challenging moments.This week, I had the opportunity to teach a lesson on the problems related to the area of a circle. While I was initially excited to dive into this topic, the actual experience was more challenging than I anticipated. My focus wavered during the class, leading to a few moments of frustration. It was one of those days where the material didn't seem to connect with the students as effectively as I had hoped, and I left the classroom feeling a bit disappointed in myself.

Teaching can be a roller coaster of emotions, and this week was a clear reminder of that. There are days when everything falls into place, and then there are days like this, where the effort doesn't seem to yield the desired results. But I've learned that these moments of frustration are part of the growth process. They push me to reflect, adapt, and ultimately become a better educator.

On a more positive note, this week also involved collecting data for my field study and sociometry project. Working alongside Bijimol, we gathered valuable insights that will contribute to our understanding of classroom dynamics and student relationships. This part of my practice has been incredibly rewarding, as it allows me to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world situations, deepening my understanding of the students and the learning environment.

Balancing the demands of teaching with the added responsibilities of field study can be overwhelming at times. The frustration I felt in the classroom this week made me realize how important it is to maintain focus and not let setbacks define my experience. Instead, I’m choosing to view them as learning opportunities.

This week has taught me that it's okay to have off days, as long as I use them to fuel my growth. Moving forward, I aim to regain my focus and approach each class with renewed energy and a clearer mind. After all, every challenge is a stepping stone toward becoming the teacher I aspire to be.




Comments

Popular Posts